Tips and natural remedies for diaper rash:
- Let baby's bum breathe - lay him or her out in the open and keep it au naturel
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to a warm bath. Then, after the bath, make sure baby is wiped clean of any excess water.
- Clean baby with water and cloth instead of commercial baby wipes, which contain alcohol and fragrances that can further irritate a rash
- Shortening - while strange - is a remedy many moms swear by. It keeps the moisture in and soothes dryness
- If you use cloth diapers, make sure they are made of a natural, breathable fabric like cotton or bamboo
Do you have any tips and tricks for diaper rash? Let us know in the comments below!